Steamed Mussels in Tomato Garlic Broth
1 1/2 tbsp butter grass fed (unsalted)
1/2 cup shallots diced
1 tbsp garlic minced
1/2 cup plum tomato (canned San Marzano is my favorite)
2 scallions white and light green part, cut on an angle in 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 tsp saffron threads
2/3 cup white wine
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 serrano pepper sliced thin, seeded (unless you like it spicy)
3 lb mussels scrubbed and debearded
1/2 cup italian parsley chopped
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. Melt the butter and saute the shallots in a large pot over medium heat for 2 minutes until soft and translucent.
2. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
3. Add plum tomatoes, scallion, saffron, white wine, salt, pepper, serrano pepper and reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Add the mussels and put the lid on top of the pot and allow to steam for 8 minutes or until all the mussels have opened.
5. Remove the lid and stir in the parsley before serving.
Per Serving: calories: 290, total fat: 6g, sodium: 720mg, carbs: 7g, fiber: 1g, sugar: 2g, protein: 47g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 5
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.