Slimming Ginger Steamed Fish
2 5oz fillets halibut or other white fish
1 tsp salt
3 scallions julienned
2 tbsp ginger julienned
1/2 red pepper julienned
1 large clove garlic sliced thinly
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp thai chili deseeded and sliced very thin
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. In a heatproof bowl that will fit in your steamer place one of the fillets and top with half of the salt, scallions, ginger, red peppers and garlic. place another fillet on top of the first and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
2. add the chili, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil.
3. in a pot over medium heat put 1 inch of water in the bottom of the pot and place steamer in the pot. Place the bowl with the fish in the steamer (the water should not be touching the steamer or the bowl) and cover the pot.
4. Steam the fish for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets.
5. Serve with brown rice and half a lemon.
Per Serving: calories: 233, total fat: 9g, sodium: 1796mg, carbs: 8g, fiber: 1g, sugar: 4g, protein: 28g
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.