Skinny Meat Lasagna
9 lasagna noodles
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 zucchini chopped
2 can marinara sauce (15 oz each)
1 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese grated
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
2. Toast fennel seeds by placing them in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, shaking the pan and stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Watch seeds carefully so they do not burn. Remove from the pan, cool, and grind to a powder.
3. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef has browned. Stir in marinara sauce and fennel, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until slightly thickened and flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, then spread with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese. Repeat the layers twice, ending with the meat sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove foil and sprinkle with mozzarella and pecorino romano cheeses. Bake until heated through and cheeses are lightly browned, about 20 more minutes. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: Calories: 287, Total Fat: 9g, Sat Fat: 3g, Sodium: 675mg, Carbs: 36g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 15g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 10
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.