Skinny Lemon and Yogurt Loaf
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon extract (optional)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup powdered sugar
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Zest the lemon and then slice in half and squeeze. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
3. In another small bowl, stir egg, oil, yogurt, (only) 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and lemon zest. Once mixed, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix gently with a spoon until combined. Don't over beat it.
4. Scrape mixture into a greased loaf pan. It will be a little thick - brownie batter-like.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. While baking, mix together the sugar and remaining lemon juice to create a glaze. When bread is done baking and has cooled, drizzle glaze over top of bread.
Per Serving: Calories: 188, Total Fat: 6.6g, Sat Fat: g, Sodium: 163mg, Carbs: 28g, Fiber: g, Sugar: 16g, Protein: 3.9g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 5
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.