Skinny Cheese Souffle
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup low-fat milk divided
1 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese shredded
1/2 tsp salt divided
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 egg (separated with whites)
2 egg white
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. In a small cup or bowl, mix together flour and 3 tablespoons milk until smooth. Pour remaining milk into a large saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
2. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cayenne pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Whisk egg yolks into the cooled cheese mixture until well combined.
5. In a large glass or metal bowl, whip all 4 egg whites until foamy. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the cheese mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg whites with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3 quart souffle dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the souffle is puffed and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories: N/A, Total Fat: g, Sat Fat: g, Sodium: mg, Carbs: g, Fiber: g, Sugar: g, Protein: g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 3
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.