Classic Skinny Meatloaf
2 lb ground turkey
2/3 cup rolled oats
2 egg whisked
1 onion medium, diced
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fennel seeds toasted
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
15 oz canned tomato sauce divided
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place fennel seeds in a small, non stick pan over medium high heat on your stove top to roast. Occasionally stir or shake seeds as they roast. Roast until seeds start to appear a bit golden in color instead of greenish, about 2 minutes. Be careful, they will go from toasted to burnt very quickly.
3. Place the diced onion and olive oil in a non stick pan, sprinkle with salt and saute. To avoid burning, add the minced garlic to the onions after a few minutes. Saute onions and garlic until tender.
4. In a large bowl, combine turkey, oats, whisked eggs, sauteed onion and garlic, fennel seed, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and about 3 tablespoons of the canned tomato sauce, reserving the remaining sauce. Combine well using your hands or a large spoon.
5. Spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Turn meat mixture out into the baking dish and form into a rectangular loaf that ends about an inch and a half from the sides of the pan. I like to flatten the top of the loaf and then form an indentation around the top to make a lip. This helps to keep the tomato sauce on top of the loaf.
6. Pour the remaining tomato sauce on top of the loaf spooning some onto the sides of the loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 55 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories: 248, Total Fat: 12g, Sat Fat: 3g, Sodium: 676mg, Carbs: 11g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 26g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 6
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.