Baked Potato Soup
1 blub garlic large, 1/4-inch-slice cut off top
3 lb potato (about 6 large baking potatoes)
6 slice turkey bacon
4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper ground
6 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
6 tbsp low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
6 tbsp scallion sliced
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Wrap entire garlic bulb tightly in foil; place garlic and potatoes in oven. (You do not need to put them on a pan; they can go right on an oven rack.).
3. Bake garlic until soft when squeezed, about 45 minutes; remove from oven and let cool. Continue baking potatoes until tender when pierced, about 15 minutes more; let potatoes stand until cool enough to handle.
4. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Place bacon on paper towels to drain off any fat; chop bacon.
5. Unwrap garlic and squeeze pulp from bulb with hands into a large saucepan. Peel potatoes and add to saucepan; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
6. Gradually stir in broth, thyme, salt and pepper until blended; place saucepan over medium heat and cook until hot, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Spoon about 1 1/3 cups of soup into each of 6 soup bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of cheese, 1 rounded tablespoon of bacon and 1 tablespoon of scallions. Grind fresh pepper over top if desired.
Per Serving: Calories: 271, Total Fat: 6g, Sat Fat: 3g, Sodium: 476mg, Carbs: 43g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 12g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 8
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.