Skinny Pumpkin and Cream Bread
1 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
5 egg white
1 box spice cake mix (dry mix only, 15.25 oz box)
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 package fat-free cream cheese (8 oz package)
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp whole wheat white flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
. For the Batter:
2. With an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Slowly mix the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
. For the Cream Cheese Filling:
3. Beat the cream cheese, agave, stevia, flour, egg whites and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
. For Completion:
4. Lightly grease two 9-inch loaf pans. Divide half of the cake batter between the two pans. Pour half of the cream filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon.
5. Using a knife, swirl the filling around the pan.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Don’t over-bake or your bread will be dry on the edges. Cool and remove from pans. Cut each loaf into 8 slices. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Per Serving: Calories: 150, Total Fat: 2g, Sat Fat: 1g, Sodium: 393mg, Carbs: 32g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 6g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 6
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.