Skinny Apple Nut Bread
1 apple peeled, finely diced into 1/4" pieces,
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp agave
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup applesauce (homemade or store bought)
1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar packed
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 egg white
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 oz walnut chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. In a medium bowl combine apple, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, agave, and lemon juice. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl mix oil, egg whites, sugar, apple sauce and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
5. Add the flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in apples and walnuts.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in the center rack about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
Per Serving: Calories: 122, Total Fat: 4g, Sat Fat: g, Sodium: 134mg, Carbs: 24g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 14g, Protein: 2g, Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 5
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.