Black Bean Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
2 medium carrots chopped
1 medium bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
1 cup tomato puree
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
3 cups cooked black beans
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
cilantro to top
avocado to top
SHOW FULL RECIPEHIDE FULL RECIPE
1. Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté garlic and onion for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the bell pepper, carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato puree, black beans and stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30 mins.
5. Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve topped with avocado slices and cilantro.
Per Serving: calories: 256, total fat: 5g, sodium: 478mg, carbs: 40g, fiber: 14g, sugar: 5g, protein: 15g
THE WEIGHT IS OVER.
Get a shot of inspiration in your inbox.